GSI is always seeking talented philanthropy professionals across all sectors. If you’re interested in having a conversation about one of our opportunities, please contact us email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in GSI!
Please see the below open positions:
Research Specialist and Operations Associate
About Ghiorsi& Sorrenti, Inc. (GSI)
Ghiorsi& Sorrenti, Inc. is a full-service philanthropic consulting firm specializing in planning and conducting comprehensive and capital campaigns for the full spectrum of not-for-profit organizations. For 32 years, GSI has partnered with many clients in raising over $8 billion with an additional $600 million in progress.
The Research Specialist and Operations Associate plays a key role in the firm. The primary responsibility of the position is to conduct prospect research for the firm’s clients as well as donor, fundraising and industry research for various firm projects. In addition to prospect research this position includes assisting with projects such as planning study data compilation, designing and formatting of presentations and finalizing reports and proposals.
- Produce in-depth, well-written reports on philanthropic prospects based on a combination of data from background information, available financial records, real estate ownership, and other markers of high-quality sources of philanthropic support.
- Using a broad spectrum of sources, the successful candidate will research, organize, and evaluate target prospect’s background, financial and gift capacity, charitable interests, engagement with other organizations and connection to the client organization.
- Implement new research techniques as they arise.
- Work to improve the firm’s ability to provide clients with the highest level of prospect research.
- Manage research subscriptions, negotiate renewals for IWave, Candid Foundation Directory Online, Nozasearch.
- Using Candid Foundation Directory Online, identify local, state and national foundations for client projects.
- Monitor firm email account. Forward inquiries to appropriate executives.
- Format and finalize reports, proposals and presentations.
- Assist with marketing needs, i.e., posting on social media, and website management.
- Minimum of 3 years of prospect research experience
- Ability to investigate, analyze, and synthesize large quantities of information
- Work effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency with online databases
- Quick learner and ability to adapt to new situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solve effectively
- Tactful and ethical approach to fundraising tasks
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace